Product testing of windows, doors and skylights for certification through the AAMA program must be conducted at an AAMA-accredited laboratory (click to locate a lab). The laboratory conducts the tests on prototype samples of the particular product type, class and grade according to methods specified in AAMA/WDMA/CSA 101/I.S.2/A440 and other applicable standards. Upon completion, the test report is submitted by the lab directly to the Administrator/Validator, who reviews it to verify that the proper procedures were followed and that all testing and performance information is included.
To qualify as an AAMA accredited testing facility, the laboratory must:
- Be AAMA-inspected and accredited to specific ASTM International and AAMA test protocols
- Formally apply for accreditation with AAMA
- Contract with AAMA that it will properly and responsibly maintain the accreditation
- Allow periodic lab inspections, quality and document control, calibration confirmations of testing apparatus and technician evaluations by the Program Validator
These requirements allow the testing to be unbiased and independent.
AAMA Accredited Labs Search Options
There are several options for locating an AAMA Accredited Lab:
- Click here for the complete list of AAMA Accredited Labs
- Search by keyword or AAMA, ANSI, ASTM, CPSC or CAWM publication number (i.e., NAFS, static, AAMA 501.6, ASTM E 330, etc.)
- Search by keyword and publication number or by multiple publication numbers (i.e., static+AAMA 502 or AAMA 2605+ASTM E 330, etc.) Note: Do not add spaces in between each search term and the + sign.
- Select a State or Province to narrow your search results