PRODUCT CERTIFICATION - AAMA GOLD LABEL
The most vital component of quality windows and doors isn’t a component at all – it’s an AAMA Gold Label.
Search for AAMA-Certified Products
If you demand windows and doors that meet stringent performance standards, just look for the AAMA Certification Label which tells you that
- A sample of the unit passed required performance tests for resistance to air leakage, water penetration and wind pressure
- Performance tests were conducted at an independent AAMA-accredited lab
- Individual components used in the window and door have passed their own separate performance tests in order to be eligible for use in an AAMA-certified window or door
- The manufacturer has certified that production line units are built to the same specifications as the sample unit that was tested
- Manufacturing plant production lines, component inventory and quality control records are checked annually through two surprise inspections by an independent third-party Validator
Offer your customers what your competitors don’t – the confidence of AAMA Certification. The stringent AAMA Certification Program procedures assure you and your customers that the products you choose, when installed properly, match the quality of the sample product tested.
The AAMA Certification Program is the only program in the window and door industry that requires that components used in the finished window and door assembly pass their own set of performance tests. The program also requires the use of AAMA-accredited labs so that tests are performed by qualified, experienced professionals using properly calibrated equipment. And two surprise manufacturing plant inspections every year offer that added quality assurance that translates to peace of mind.
Proper installation of the quality products selected can go a long way in helping you reduce callbacks and increase referrals which is why AAMA offers the AAMA InstallationMasters™ Program. It's a two-day intensive training and certification program based on industry-accepted best practices.
Thermal Performance - AAMA Silver Label
These days, everyone is looking to save energy and take advantage of tax credits being offered by the government. The AAMA Certification Program can help.
Manufacturers may certify product thermal performance to either the AAMA 1503 test method or to the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) requirements (NRFC-100) without the prerequisite of Gold Label certification for basic structural, air and water performance requirements. Products tested for thermal performance only are authorized to bear the AAMA Silver Certification Label.
In cases where the product has been authorized for certification for basic structural, air and water performance as well as thermal performance, an AAMA Gold Label with an additional tab indicating thermal certification is used.
Want More Information?
Get additional reference material about the AAMA Certification Program by accessing free brochure downloads.