ONLINE SHOPPING: A SIMPLE GUIDE
If you've never purchased items on the Internet using a shopping cart system, here are the steps to follow to ensure a smooth transaction.
- Use the drop-down list to select a category from which you'd like to shop and click "Search." This will take you to all the items listed under that category. You may also search by individual product code.
- Review the items, their descriptions and their prices. Once you've found an item you'd like to purchase, indicate the quantity and simply add it to your shopping cart by clicking on the icon labeled "Add to Cart."
- Once you've added an item to your cart, the screen will show you the contents of your cart, including the title, quantity and subtotal cost. At this point, you may continue to shop searching by category or product code, cancel the order, or continue to the "Check Out" to complete your purchase. If you'd like to change the quantity at this point, you may do so and click on the "Recalculate" icon to see your new subtotal cost.
- The first thing you'll do when checking out is enter your email address. This allows the system to identify you on subsequent purchases so you don't need to continually re-enter your shipping information. If you are an AAMA member, you must also enter your username and password, so that your member discount is assessed. (If you don't have this information, contact the AAMA office to obtain it.)
- The next two screens will request that you provide personal, shipment and payment information to complete the transaction. You must provide all of the data required to complete the transaction. Please read all information carefully and check to see that the information you entered is correct. You can not use the "Back" button on your browser once you've passed the first page of the order form area. If you do, you'll receive a "Page has Expired" error message and you'll need to re-enter the Publications Store (your cart will have been saved) and go through the "Check Out" process again.
- At the end of this form, you will see two final icons. One allows you to process the order and the other to cancel it. Select an icon and click on it only one time.
- Your purchase is now complete. Thank you!